No. To speed up the payment process, the card works without a PIN code.
We are required by the Swiss Anti-Money Laundering Act to discontinue the use of paper Lunch-Checks as a form of payment with effect from 31 December 2022.
Up to 31 December 2022
Paper Lunch-Checks can still be accepted.
From 1 January 2023
Paper Lunch-Checks may no longer be accepted.
Guests can exchange the paper Lunch-Checks for a Lunch-Check card.
Up to 31 January 2023
All paper Lunch-Checks accepted in payment must be returned to us.
After this date, guests may still exchange their paper Checks for Lunch-Check cards.
Request a Lunch-Check card:
Anyone with a paper Lunch-Check should contact us directly on 044 202 02 08 or contact Lunch-Check at email@example.com.
There are different versions of the payment card:
- Lunch-Check Card (with a chip and contactless)
- Gift card that only works with a magnetic strip.
Payment may be refused for the following reasons:
- Either the balance on the card account is too low or the daily limit on the card is not sufficient. The daily limit can normally be set by the cardholder in his customer center at mylunchcheck.ch. The default setting on receipt of the card is CHF 100. If the available balance is too low, the outstanding sum may be paid using another means of payment.
- The restaurant’s card terminal is not registered for the Lunch-Check Card.
- There is no data connection (offline transactions are not possible).
- The Lunch-Check Card has been blocked
Signing up is straightforward: send us the completed enrolment form ((PDF link)) and it won’t be long before you’re benefiting from higher turnover.
No, the card cannot be used when the terminal has no data connection. Neither is it possible to enter the payment manually afterwards, since the card balance may not be sufficient.
The card is equipped with the most modern «contactless»-function and can be used with all existing payment terminals of the affiliated catering establishments in Switzerland, including the latest devic-es that are equipped with the contactless symbol. Mit der Karte werden die genauen Beträge auf dem Konto abgezogen, no change or round up.
No PIN-Code is required when paying with the Lunch-Check card. In order to guarantee security nev-ertheless, the cardholder can set a personally defined daily spending limit.